Moen is known for high quality touchless kitchen faucets. This Moen touchless faucet comes in for finishes to match pretty much any decor that you can think of. Did you finish is spot resistant to prevent fingerprints and water spots from adhering to help you keep a cleaner looking kitchen. This model uses a single sensor which allows you to turn the water on and off with a simple wave of your hand.
The sprayer attachment uses Moen's patented power clean technology to deliver 50% more spray power versus other faucets without the power clean edition. The neck of the sprayer soars 22 inches above the counter with a 10 inch spout reach that ensures that you will have no trouble filling the largest pots when you need to.
The pull down hose is able to flex and point wherever you need it to thanks to the stainless steel coil, and it also retracts easily. The single lever handle makes it easy to adjust water pressure and temperature. Additionally the stream that comes out of the faucet is aerated which helps increase the cleaning power.
Moen Align - 5923EWSRS
This unit is meant to be mounted in a single hole sink either directly on the countertop or on the sink itself. You can modify it to fit with a three-hole sink with an optional escutcheon that is sold separately. Installation is additionally made easier with Moen’s Duralock system which makes installing water lines a snap.
This faucet comes with a Moen lifetime guarantee. That means that for the original purchaser, as long as they are in the same home, Moen will guarantee this faucet to be leak free. In addition they also guarantee that the finish will not come off and that the parts will be free from defect. Of course, if you install this faucet in a commercial, industrial, or business setting, the warranty is reduced to five years.
Misconceptions about Touchless Faucets
Sometimes people are hesitant to purchase a touchless faucet because they have some misconceptions about how they work or how they operate. Some of these are because older faucets had some troubles. But modern touchless faucets are easy to use, extremely sanitary, and have finishes to match nearly every decor. If you find that you are victim of one of these misconceptions about touchless faucets, we hope that we can help set your mind at ease.
- Touchless faucets are hard to clean - when you get a touch faucet you might wonder how you are supposed to clean the thing. After all if it turns on whenever you touch it, isn't water going to splash everywhere? Well the answer is that touchless faucets only respond to a very specific set of imports. For instance, if your touchless faucet requires you to touch the neck, then prolonged contact will not activate it. It will only turn on if you lightly touch it. Grab the faucet, and nothing will happen.
- Touchless faucets are dangerous - this is a common misconception because touchless faucets using electrical supply to power the sensor and the valves. However, your touchless faucet is not connected to a 220 line with a 30 amp power supply. It is usually run off of a set of six batteries with a total voltage output of 9 volts. That is not very powerful and definitely not enough to cause you any harm.
- It is easy to accidentally activate a touchless faucet - nobody likes a high water bill, which is where this misconception comes in and carries a lot of weight. After all if your cat can cause your faucet to turn on whenever it likes, what is to stop it from turning the faucet on and letting the water run until you're faced with $1,000 water bill? First, most touchless faucets have a built-in timer. When activated via the touchless system, they will run for a few minutes at most. Second, as discussed before, it takes a specific input to activate a touchless sink. Your cat just brushing up against your faucet is not going to activate it.
We understand that purchasing a kitchen faucet is a decision that will be with you for a very long time. You want to make sure that you get the best kitchen faucet for your needs. That is why we list all of the features of this faucet here so that you can easily compare and contrast to our other Moen's touchless faucet reviews.
- 1.5 gpm flowrate
- Stainless spot resistant finish
- 22-inch spray hose
- Touchless operation via infrared sensor
- Power Clean sprayer
- Fits Single Hole sink
- Escutcheon for 3-hole sink sold separately
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
This Moen faucet is an excellent choice whether you are installing a new kitchen or upgrading your existing kitchen. With the ability to be installed in both a single and three hole sink, the versatility of this faucet is attractive. If you are still shopping however, then we have several other reviews for touchless faucets that you may be interested in. Additionally we have a full-featured buying guide which will help walk you through the steps and everything you need to know when looking for that perfect touchless faucet. Let us help you make your kitchen perfect.