For those who have a high-end kitchen for their large and loving family, the InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal is the perfect match for your clean-up needs. This super quiet disposal will gently purr while grinding up all of your food waste. It is extra durable, so you can toss it your toughest scraps without worrying about the motor or the blades, and it will never leak. It even has a jam assist, in case you let it bite off more than it can chew.
The Evolution Excel include a 3-stage Multigrind system, instead of other system’s 2-stage technology. This allows the garbage disposal to tackle more and larger food chunks without clogging, jamming, or stuttering. While it will break down an impressive repertoire of food waste, it only uses 3-4 kWh of electrical power each year. Its motor is forceful without adding to your electric budget.
InSinkErator Evolution Excel - 1.0 HP
The sound of the Evolution Excel won’t leave you speechless, because you won’t even notice it. You can turn on this garbage disposal mid-conversation without breaking up your sentence. InSinkErator uses a special SoundSeal technology that keeps your disposal at a whisper volume. It even stays quiet while grinding loud food like ice and chicken bones. While you will need to keep your cold water running while you use this disposal, that will likely be the loudest part of the process.
- Quality - Top-quality manufacturing and parts that you can rely on for many years to come.
- Design - 3-stage grinding to chew through all of your food waste without clogging. This unit can even tackle chicken bones and melon rinds.
- Power - 1HP motor to let you dispose of more than your average garbage disposal. This unit is suitable for households with more than 8 people, so you won’t have to worry about overwhelming it – even over the holidays.
- Volume - Super quiet so that you won’t have to interrupt what you’re doing while you clean up your kitchen
- Size – at 12 inches by 12 inches by 13 inches, you’ll need plenty of space available under your kitchen sink for this unit.
- Cord – it’s important to note the cord is not included with this unit. You’ll need to purchase it separately.
What Can a Disposal Do?
There are many controversial items that some people say can and should go down the disposal, while other people object that damage can be done. There is also a long list of items that any disposal can handle and a list of items that should never be put down the drain. Even when you have a top-rated garbage disposal, you should keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Meat scraps – while some units may require smaller chunks, the Evolution Excel can tackle pretty much any that fit down the drain.
- Scraps of fruit – don’t put banana peels down here.
- Most vegetable scraps – keep reading to get familiar with the few exceptions to this one; though the Evolution Excel can handle more than most.
- Citrus rinds – these have the added benefit of making your kitchen smell great!
- Egg Shells – the inner lining can wreak a bit of havoc on many disposals, so grind these up at your own risk.
- Bone – these are normally a no-no because they can damage the grinding motor of the disposal, but with the Evolution Excel, you can put chicken bones down the drain without worry. The bones of birds have tiny holes that keep them light enough to fly and fragile enough to for a powerful kitchen garbage disposal, like the Evolution Excel, to grind. The bones of beef and pork are likely too hard to put in any disposal, so keep tossing those into the trash.
- Melon Rinds – much like chicken bones, these are too tough for many kitchen garbage disposals, but the Evolution Excel tackles them like a silent, hungry warthog.
- Potato Peels – these are similar to the inner membrane of eggshells in that they can wrap around the inner-workings of your disposal. Grind them at your own risk.
- Banana Peels – unlike most fruit peels, these are too thick and too tough to be broken up by even the strongest grinder. They just get wrapped and tangled and create a mess.
- Oil and Grease – should never go down the drain. In addition to gumming up the works and making your disposal smell funny, they are bad for the environment. Always remember that anything you put down the disposal will end up in the watershed.
- Coffee Ground – while these will disappear, they won’t go far. Their small size and inability to dissolve in water mean that they just end up collecting in your garbage disposal unit. Even the Evolution Excel won’t like the sediment that these leave behind.
- Paper – if it’s not food, don’t grind it!
- Plastic – if it’s not food, don’t grind it!
- Styrofoam – if it’s not food, don’t grind it!
If you’re looking for an all-powerful, high-end, top-rated garbage disposal for your up-scale or chef-quality kitchen, the InSinkErator Evolution Excel 1.0 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal is a great choice. It will give you all of the power that you could ever want without causing noise interference or hurting your electrical budget. This is the kitchen garbage disposal for people who don’t like limitations and want the power and durability to dispose of almost anything.