Hansgrohe is also known as Axor, and are manufacturers of some of the best-selling commercial kitchen faucets on the market. They have been building fixtures since 1901 in Germany and making some of the most innovated and luxurious products available on the market today. The sprayer in this has a toggle button that offers two different spray types. The first is a smooth and clear laminar flow that will gently wash and clean. The second is a needle spray that will pre-rinse and clean efficiently.
The faucet is made of solid brass with a choice of either a polished chrome or a steel optic finish. The faucet has a flowrate of 1.75 gallons per minute, so it is fully compliant with all water conservation regulations in the United States, including California. The spring in the faucet forms the arch of the faucet; the spray head does not have a pullout hose, but rather flexes the spring to provide movement. The sprayhead docks to the main faucet with a magnetic dock.
The single handle on the faucet controls both temperature and flow. By pulling it away from the faucet body, you increase the water flow. Pull it towards or away from you to change the temperature. On the sprayhead, the toggle control is located on the front.
Hansgrohe Talis Loop - 04700005
The faucet is a little larger than others. The total height is 23.625 inches from the installation deck to the top of the faucet arch. The clearance of the faucet spray head is 6.875 inches from the deck to the bottom of the outlet. The spout reach as measured from the center of the faucet body to the outlet is 10.625 inches. This faucet is meant to mount to a single-hole system, but you can get an optional escutcheon to convert a two-hole or three-hole system. This faucet uses 3/8 inch water lines and the maximum deck thickness for installation is 2.75 inches.
Hansgrohe offers a warranty on parts for the original purchaser as long as they own the home the faucet was installed in. The warranty is voided if caustic or abrasives are used to clean, and the rubbed bronze finishes are only covered for three years, but the ceramic disc valve is fully warranted.
4 Essential Features of Your Next Kitchen Faucet
Whether you’re looking at a Moen or looking for a high quality Hansgrohe kitchen faucet, there are some essential features of every commercial kitchen faucet that you should be looking for. Here’s a brief overview of four of the most important.
- Single Handle Controls – Gone are the days where two handles controlled hot and cold water separately. New faucets use a single handle mixer to control both flowrate and temperature. This is much nicer because not only does it give you more precise control over your water, but there’s less to clean as well. No longer will you have to take a cloth or toothbrush to get behind individual handles.
- 360 Degree Mobility – Whether you get a commercial faucet or not, you want one with a pull down sprayer that gives you the ability to direct the water wherever you want it. Modern kitchens no longer have the faucet against the backsplash. Some sinks are now located on islands with the faucet a significant presence. Make sure your new faucet can spin and flex in every direction to make filling containers or cleaning easy from any angle.
- Multiple Spray Options – At the very least, your new faucet should have two spray options: a softer aerated or laminar flow for everyday use and a more powerful spray for cleaning and pre-rinsing. If you can find one, a third option such as a high volume flow is also nice. The more options you have, the more you can do with your new faucet and spray head.
- Match Your Sink – If you’re upgrading just your faucet and not your sink, then your sink already has mounting holes. Depending on what you’re upgrading from, your sink will have from one to four holes already drilled. Know what your old fixture was and you’ll have a better idea of how to convert from that to your new dream faucet. For example, if you used to have a three-hole sink and you’re converting to a single-hole faucet, then you’ll need an escutcheon to cover up the extra holes for cleanliness and aesthetics.
You don’t want to make the wrong decision on your kitchen faucet and spend years staring regret in the face. We don’t want that either. That’s why we put the features list here near the end so you can make a thorough comparison between different commercial faucets. That way, you can be assured of making the right decision and getting the best kitchen faucet for your home.
- 1.75 gpm flowrate
- Two finishes available
- Polished Chrome
- Steel Optic
- Ceramic cartridge system
- Single-hole mount
- Escutcheon available separately for three-hole installation
- Escutcheon Width: 10 inches
- Total Faucet Height: 23-5/8 inches
- Spout Clearance: 6-7/8 inches
- Spout Reach: 10-5/8 inches
- Maximum Deck Thickness: 2-3/4 inches
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
When you install a Hansgrohe faucet into your home, you’re bringing in decades of design and manufacturing experience. The superlative look and feel makes even mundane chores like doing dishes fun. However, if you’re still looking, let us take this opportunity to point you to our other non-biased reviews and buying guides. Let us help you make the right decision when it comes to getting the best commercial kitchen faucet for your home.